How to remove shadows, sharpen text and enhance your scans?
DocScan automatically removes shadows and enhances your scans to turn them into clean documents. You can still remove different levels of shadows by switching between image processing methods and fine-tuning.
To remove shadows, sharpen text, and enhance scans, please follow the steps below:
- Start scanning.
- Proceed to the next step, and the page processing screen will appear.
- There will be two images. The top image shows the detected document boundary, and the bottom image shows the cropped and enhanced image result that will be eventually saved into your documents.
- Crop and rotate scans or adjust the image aspect ratio.
- Select a color mode (Photo / Color / B&W) in the bottom toolbar. There are three automatic modes for you to choose from: "Photo", "Color", and "B&W" (Black and White). You can manually select another mode if it doesn't look right. (It will result in the bottom image.)
- Tap on the small image or the "Adjust" button to enter the detail adjustment.
- Choose an enhance method. There are three enhance methods for switching between Color and B&W modes, the three methods are as follows:
- Old (Old Method): Bold text, but the shadow removal effect is weakest.
- Fine: Keep more details in picture regions. The shadow removal effect is next strong.
- Clean: The strongest ability to remove shadows.
- Adjust the enhanced details. The sliders on the left and right sides allow you to adjust brightness, saturation and shadow removal level. (How to adjust the image brightness, saturation and shadow removal level?)
When you select the "Fine" mode, you find that there is still a faint shadow, you have two ways to remove:
(1) Switch to "Clean" mode.
If you want to restore more details of the picture regions, you can lower the "Shadow Removal Level”.
(2). Adjust the "Saturation" and "Shadow Removal Level".
Increase the "Shadow Removal Level" or decrease the "Saturation Level" to get different levels of shadow removal.
- Press the "OK" button at the bottom right of the screen to accept the changes.
- Press the "Done" button to save your scans.